Xumm and XRPL Revealed that Xumm 2.4.0. Will Be Available Soon
Wietse Wind, a senior developer for Xumm and XRPL, has announced that the developers are nearly done with releasing version 2.4.0 of Xumm.
Wind announced today in a tweet that the developers only have some testing left to complete. A screenshot of the task manager was shared, which showed that 25 features had already been tested and 33 were still awaiting testing with one to do.
A prior report highlighted that the upgrade of the original XRP Ledger wallet will incorporate XLS-20 support, which is a native non-fungible token feature.
Recently, there has been a considerable increase in XRPL and Xumm development activity over the past 12 months. Just two weeks ago, Wind revealed a report displaying 811 weekly downloads compared to the prior 99.
Development teams are currently engaged in a number of projects, such as:
- Adding more providers to the so-called “Buy & Sell XRP” App, an embedded app on the Xumm wallet that will allow users to buy XRP for fiat choosing from different providers
- An opt-in profiles feature, currently available for Xumm Pro beta users, similar to the Ethereum Name Service (ENS), with protections against impersonation
- A Xumm QR payments feature to facilitate crypto payments at retail stores.
- XLS-34d to leverage negotiable payment methods available on the XRPL previously restricted to XRP for other issued tokens.
- XLS-35d to introduce lightweight NFTs to the XRPL.
- A Hooks sidechain with XRP as the native currency to showcase Hooks smart contract capabilities before it goes live on the XRPL
Yesterday, the XRPL achieved a remarkable accomplishment when it concluded Ledger 77,777,777, as mentioned by Dr. J. Scott Branson from the XRPL Foundation and a network validator. This is proof of the network’s sustained existence after almost 11 years.