How To Launch Your Own Blockchain With Ankr AppChains?
Ankr AppChains enables any Web3 application or enterprise to build their own exclusive blockchain on platforms like Polygon, BNB Application Sidechains, or Avalanche. This solution is tailored to give a highly scalable environment for entities of all sizes.
AppChains is created to deliver a user experience that is convenient and effortless for any business.
- Established Web3 Apps: Applications already deployed to public blockchains like Ethereum or the BNB Smart Chain can easily transition to their own dedicated AppChain to scale. With tools like the BridgeHub from AppChains, token supplies and other assets can be easily migrated to the new chain.
- New Web3 Projects: Building a blockchain and community from scratch is easy with Ankr’s team to help you along every step of the way with consulting and tools like our Exchange Readiness Program to help get your token listed on major exchanges.
- Traditional Enterprises: Companies looking to explore the blockchain vertical in NFTs, gaming, and other use cases will find the AppChains team offers advice on every item they may not be familiar with. Telling Ankr everything the app needs to do will be enough to implement custom features as they create your network, tokens, and infrastructure.
This series will provide a step-by-step guide to creating an AppChain. Here are the initial three steps to setting up your own blockchain for powering your dApp.
Choose Custom Infrastructure With the AppChain Configurator
When constructing a blockchain, the initial step is to decide the bespoke infrastructure demands of your venture. The infrastructure requirements of a blockchain can be substantially different depending on the intended application. Regardless if you are a fresh project or an existing one migrating from a public blockchain, AppChains will give an effortless onboarding experience.
- Head to Ankr’s AppChain Configurator
- Follow the prompts and choose your specifications
- Submit your request and schedule an appointment with Ankr’s team
Choose from specifications like:
- Mother chain: Choose between building your AppChain on mother chains like BNB Application Sidechains or Polygon Supernets with a breakdown of the TPS and validator capital requirements that best suite your project.
- Bridging: Including bridge capabilities means your project will be inducted into BridgeHub (the official bridging solution of AppChains) to enable easy cross-chain transactions with outside networks such as Ethereum or Polygon, increasing interoperability and ease-of-use for your AppChain.
- Gaming SDK: Perfect for Web3 gaming use cases, the Gaming SDK can give any game full Web3 wallet, crypto, and blockchain capabilities. As it now works with games built with Unity or Unreal engines, it is a powerful tool to migrate both mobile and traditional video games to Web3.
- Silent Signing SDK: This SDK will enable automated transactions within your application to simplify the Web3 experience for your users. Silent Signing is a great addition to apps with a large base of users who may not be well versed in crypto and Web3 operations such as gamers.
- Advanced APIs: These specially-designed blockchain APIs will give your dApp faster blockchain interactions using pre-indexed data. Perfect for virtual worlds, games, galleries, marketplaces, and much more, the Advanced APIs will offer a faster, better UX.
- NFT Marketplace: Ankr can create a marketplace for your app that lets users easily mint, trade, and collect NFTs through your custom interface. This is perfect for sports enterprises, entertainment companies, loyalty programs, and any other NFT project use cases.
- Integrated Liquid Staking: Liquid staking is an advanced staking method that will give your native token stakers a new reward-bearing token in exchange that they can utilize on other DeFi platforms for earning strategies such as yield farming and vaults.
- Token model: You will be able to choose tokenomics such as if your token will be inflationary or fixed. This can affect your token’s value over time and the choice will be highly dependent on its use case.
If you are uncertain about the options in the configurator, don’t fret. The Ankr team will reach out to you in the following step and address any queries you may have, as well as offer advice tailored to your decentralized application’s specific needs.
Meet With Ankr’s Team To Finalize Your AppChain Blueprint
Once the AppChain team has received your request, they will review what you need and join your planned meeting with questions, answers, and advice to help you launch your project quickly. This discussion will cover features, deadlines, cost estimations, and additional details on the team’s next move – setting up your testnet.
Ankr’s Engineering Team Designs & Delivers Your Testnet
Testnets are a key part of your blockchain, since they let you try out your decentralized apps and smart contracts before rolling them out on the mainnet. AppChains will create a custom testnet specifically for you that’s very similar to the mainnet, so you can make sure your application works properly in various situations.
- Consensus Mechanism As the backbone of your blockchain, the consensus mechanism defines the procedures for how transactions are validated, recorded, and agreed upon as the state of the blockchain. With AppChains, you can choose from various consensus mechanisms, including Proof of Stake (PoS), Proof of Staked Authority (PoSA), or a custom implementation to enhance security.
- RPC Node Infrastructure – RPC nodes or “full nodes” store a complete history of the blockchain’s data and provide an interface for external applications to interact with your blockchain. The AppChain team will ensure your RPC infrastructure will be robust, secure, and reliable, with easy RPC API access for development.
- Validator Nodes – Validator nodes are responsible for validating transactions so they can be added to new blocks in your AppChain. With AppChains, you can select the number of validator nodes you’ll need to propagate your network and ensure sufficient decentralization.
- Tokenomics – Your tokenomics scheme is the economic structure of your blockchain, including the total token supply, distribution, gas fee system, and inflation rate. With AppChains, you have complete control over tokenomics and transaction fees, allowing you to customize experiences to suit your incoming app users.
- Staking System – Staking allows token holders to help secure the validation process of your blockchain and earn rewards for doing so. With AppChains, you can create a custom staking system that suits your specific use case, while setting the staking rewards and requirements.
- Block Explorer – A block explorer is an essential component of any blockchain, allowing users to view transactions and blocks on the blockchain. With AppChains, you can customize your block explorer, including adding custom features and branding.
Building a personalized blockchain can be challenging, but AppChains has made it simpler than ever. In this first blog post of the three-part series, we examined the starting point of the process – deciding on the customized infrastructure specifications of your blockchain. With AppChains, you have full autonomy over your blockchain’s infrastructure so you can design a custom blockchain that meets your particular purpose. In our next blog post in this series, we will look at the next step which is setting up the mainnet and integrating any extra infrastructure and tools that your application requires.