Core – a Browser Extension to Seamlessly and Securely Use Web3 Powered by Avalanche
Ava Labs has unveiled Core, a non-custodial browser add-on designed to enable users to utilise Web3 powered by Avalanche without any difficulty or risk. Before today, Web3 browser extensions were often bogged down by clunky and disjointed experiences in applications, making them more of an impediment to Web3 adoption than a welcoming prospect.
Core eliminates these sources of frustration, going beyond being just a wallet.
You can now download the free Core browser extension from Google Chrome’s App Store and experience dApps on Avalanche like never before: DOWNLOAD
What is Core?
Core, powered by Avalanche, is a comprehensive operating system that provides users with a seamless and high-performance browser experience. It has apps, Subnets, bridges, and NFTs all integrated into one platform. With its launch today, Core is the most straightforward way to access the full potential of Web3 on Avalanche. Its features can simplify processes such as adding new tokens to your portfolio as they are now automated.
Core from Ava Labs has been designed to be straightforward, safe, effective, and convenient. It has been optimized to reduce the amount of clicks necessary in order to accomplish a task. The interface is user-friendly for experienced crypto users as well as novices. In comparison to other browser extensions that can be awkward and hard to understand, Core is very natural.
Core is transforming from a specialized piece of infrastructure to an all-in-one platform for Web3. As of today, it provides nine core functions and more are expected in the future.
- Bridge — bridge your native Bitcoin using the same trusted technology powering the Avalanche Bridge (support for Ethereum tokens (ERC-20) is coming soon)
- Swap — swap hundreds of Avalanche tokens directly from Core (powered by ParaSwap)
- Buy — fund Core with cash in just a few clicks (powered by MoonPay)
- Ledger-enabled — compatible with industry-leading, secure hardware wallet
- Portfolio — view all assets in a unified display without having to manually add token addresses or switch networks
- Collectibles Gallery — manage and display all of your favorite NFTs in one consolidated portal
- Subnets — Native support for subnets including DFK and Swimmer with dynamic support forthcoming.
- Address Book — create contacts to save frequently used, trusted addresses
- Account Switcher — create and manage multiple addresses using the same recovery phrase
Core’s capabilities enable not only more powerful Avalanche users to reach a higher level of performance, but also permit newcomers from the Bitcoin sphere to apply BTC across Avalanche’s DeFi environment. Going forward, Core will link customers to Avalanche Subnets, Ethereum, and other blockchain systems.