Ankr is Thrilled to Reveal the Start of the Recent RPC collaboration with Filecoin
Ankr is providing Filecoin hosted nodes as a service, facilitating communication between Web3 apps and developers and the Filecoin storage network in preparation for its EVM-compatible Filecoin Virtual Machine launch on March 14th, 2023 (Pi Day).
Ankr is thrilled to reveal the start of the recent RPC collaboration with Filecoin! This is fantastic news for Filecoin as Ankr will reinforce their JSON RPC API layer with the capacity to manage large amounts of web traffic. Developers can now access the Filecoin Public, Premium, and Enterprise RPC endpoints, make API inquiries, and obtain answers that are indistinguishable from what they would get if they ran a Filecoin node themselves.
The groundbreaking new Filecoin Virtual Machine (FVM) is set to revolutionize the Filecoin network. Developers will be able to write custom smart contracts in Solidity and deploy them using the familiar EVM-compatible developer tools that web3 developers are familiar with. This also includes Ankr’s support for the Ethereum JSON RPC API for FVM on top of Filecoin’s blockchain and storage network.
What is Filecoin?
Filecoin is a peer-to-peer distributed storage system that enables individuals to securely store, request, and transfer data in a verifiable manner. This network utilizes the same technology as the InterPlanetary File System (IPFS), which is an advanced protocol for locating digital content.
Filecoin employs a proof-of-replication protocol to incentivize miners who store and maintain duplicates of data on the system, as opposed to conventional proof-of-work algorithms that reward miners for solving mathematical puzzles. The objective is to provide a more secure, efficient, and economical substitute for existing centralized storage solutions such as cloud storage providers by taking advantage of decentralization and cryptographic techniques in order to form a decentralized storage network that is impregnable against censorship and alteration.
Filecoin is an important example of decentralized technology, and an integral part of the Web3 world. With the upcoming introduction of FVM and user-defined smart contracts, developers are expected to use Filecoin more often in order to take advantage of the vast opportunities offered by an open data economy.
Ankr is offering a solution to the many new developers who want to be involved with Filecoin and Lotus, allowing them to easily participate in the thriving network by running Filecoin Lotus nodes, which are the official node implementation for Filecoin.
What Is Ankr’s New Filecoin RPC?
- Ankr’s Filecoin RPC (Remote Procedure Call) connects your wallet, command-line interface, or dApp with Filecoin’s network. It acts as a messenger or blockchain router that relays on-chain information between Filecoin nodes, dApps, and ultimately end-users so they can retrieve necessary information and execute tasks.
- Filecoin RPC endpoints are a gateway for developers to interface directly with the Filecoin storage network — a portal to communicate easily, remotely, and with no need to go through the DevOps of setting up their own Filecoin nodes.
- Ankr is providing a geo-distributed Filecoin RPC comprised of Filecoin Lotus blockchain nodes running worldwide for incredibly low-latency and reliable connections.
Click to Get started now with free Filecoin RPC
How Can the Filecoin RPC Help Developers?
Ankr’s newest RPC allows builders to connect easily to the Filecoin network.
- Eliminates complex node ops – Ankr’s Filecoin RPC will completely remove the need for many developers to set up their own Filecoin Lotus node, removing hours of time spent building, calibrating, and fixing node issues.
- Grants access to advanced tools – Ankr’s Premium RPC Service instantly grants access to the best tools to build applications quickly, including:
- At least 1,500 Filecoin requests per second
- Dedicated Filecoin endpoints
- Prioritized traffic
- Powers apps and open-source software that need access to Filecoin – Reach a cluster of high-performance nodes that holds the information you need to build and operate dApps connected with Filecoin data.
- Supports the Filecoin network Ankr will strengthen the Filecoin network globally by offering easier development and a broader, decentralized node infrastructure.
How to Make Your First Call to Filecoin?
You can get started now by heading to Ankr’s RPC Service to make your first call! You can use the Filecoin endpoint https://rpc.ankr.com/filecoin to call the blockchain using the standard JSON RPC methods. Ankr will also add integration assistant for Filecoin to help devs with connection code snippets and test RPC methods to view sample code results.